While we plan on ripping out the carpet, taking off wallpaper, and repainting, I hope that the Filters will help us eliminate the odors as well. We also all have allergies in the spring thanks to pollen and I learned that the filter also helps reduce airborne allergens. The Filtrete Odor Reduction Filter features carbon web technology that combines tiny pores of activated carbon with electrostatically charged fibers to help trap odors and gases from the air passing through the filter. Here are a few benefits -
• 65 times more effective than other carbon filters at removing odors, such as those from cooking, tobacco smoke, pets, mildew and cleaning chemicals.If you're looking for ways to help eliminate odor caused from cooking, smoking, pets, mildew, and cleaning chemicals, healthy living expert, Building Biologist and author Lisa Beres has provided me with some tips to help.
• Starts to remove even the strongest odors in minutes, after the furnace fan is turned on
• Captures large airborne allergens such as household dust, pollen, mold spores and dust mite debris
• Captures microscopic particles such as smoke, pet dander and smog
• Last up to three months for odor removal and particle capture for air passing through the filter
Source: Pet odors
Solution: Furry companions are considered family members to many — 72 percent of
American households today own either a dog or a cat1. Reduce the unpleasant smell of pet dander by bathing and grooming your pet weekly and establishing pet-free zones in the home, such as the bedroom.
Solution: Prevent unappealing cooking odors, such as fish, from spreading and lingering throughout the entire home by upgrading to the Filtrete Odor Reduction Filter. It traps odors and gases from the air passing through the filter and helps keep the home fresh for families and houseguests. Synthetic air fresheners, candles and incense only provide temporary relief from odors by masking them in one particular room but will do nothing to remove the odors from the entire home.
Source: Kitchen refrigerator
Solution: Forgotten leftovers can cause a foul odor in your fridge. Clean the fridge drawers and shelves by adding a few drops of natural dish soap to a bowl of baking soda and stir until it creates a thick paste. This will remove odors as well as stains left behind from food. Also store an open box of baking soda inside the fridge to help eliminate odors before they start, and replace it with a fresh box at least every three months.
The Filtrete Odor Reduction Filters can be found for $15.99 and are available at select home centers, hardware and grocery stores nationwide. They can also be purchased online.
Be sure to follow @Filtrete on Twitter and like Filtrete on Facebook to be informed of the latest promotions and information.
I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Filtrete and received a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.