Out of that pack, Evan's favorite was the My First Crayola Mess-Free Fingerpaint and Paper. We put the paint on his finger and when used on the "magic" paper, the colors appeared.
Isabella's favorite was the My First CrayolaTM Washable Dry-Erase Activity Mat. It uses triangular crayons that are easier for her to hold and she can pick any of the included coloring sheets to put under the clear page. When she's done coloring, she can wipe it off and start again. This is perfect for car trips!
Crayola’s child development expert Cheri Sterman offers tips on how to use wonderful, together-time moments to encourage a child’s development and sense of discovery.
- Build their vocabulary. Not sure what to say about the page of dots or dashes your child created? Describe the colors and shapes you see to help your child add new words to their vocabulary.
- Tell me about your picture? Children’s drawings are their first communication well before they can read and write. Ask your child to tell you about the drawing they create. That blue blob you’re looking at may be a puppy, an elephant or a tiger. It’s OK for the same blue blob to mean something different tomorrow. Resist the urge to tell your child what you see and listen to their interpretation.
- Focus on the process. Pudding paintings and rhythmically dotting colors on paper are part of the important journey to eventually creating more recognizable drawings. Emphasize the enjoyment of the process more than the end result. The actual work is not as important as the joy your child felt when creating it.
- Creative confidence. As your child grows into the toddler years, and their scribbles take shape creative confidence begins to bloom. One of the best responses to your child’s artwork is, “Let’s hang it on the refrigerator together.”
Visit Crayola to learn more and to view all of their products.
Win ItCrayola is giving one of my readers a My First Crayola prize pack including:
- My First Crayola™ Washable Crayons
- My First Crayola™ Washable Markers
- My First Crayola™ Washable Stampers
- My First Crayola™ Washable Dry-Erase Activity Mat
- One specially marked box of original Cheerios® cereal
Extra EntriesYou can do any of these things for an extra entry. Make sure to leave a separate comment for EACH thing you do.
1- Subscribe to my blog via email.
2- Follow my blog via networked blogs.
3- For THREE extra entries, blog about this giveaway and link it back to this post and Crayola.
4- Follow twoofakind on twitter and tweet about this giveaway. You can Tweet once a day for an extra entry every day! You can copy and paste: #WIN a My First Crayola Prize Pack @twoofakind http://tinyurl.com/d3roypp #giveaway
5- Include a link to this post in your facebook status letting your friends know you entered this giveaway. Leave your first and last name(or initial) in a comment below. If you tag me (@Dee Twofakind or @Two Of A Kind, Working On A Full House), I can actually see your status on facebook. You can do this 1x per day for an extra entry each day.
6- Enter any of my current giveaways. One extra entry for each that you enter.
Contest ends at 11:59pm EST on June 18th when I will draw a winner at random. PLEASE leave your email address if it is not visible on your profile. I will notify the winner via email and they will have 48 hours to respond!
Open to US Only.
This was not a paid post and honest opinions were used. The opinions are solely my own and may vary from others. Thank you to the company and/or pr agency who supplied the review and giveaway.