My mom comes from a large family with 7 brothers and sisters. One of my favorite childhood memories was having us all get together to adopt a few families in need. Since there were so many of us, we were able to go above and beyond what they had asked for and even got to hand deliver the items on Christmas Eve along with a ton of food.
If you're wondering how to get involved with those in need this Holiday Season, The Salvation Army and JCPenney have teamed up again this year for The Angel Giving Tree Online Program. The program allows customers to choose an "Angel" based on location and gender, as well as age, and then choose items off the child/senior’s list to give them for the holidays. In collaboration with UPS, Angel Giving Tree gifts purchased through jcp.com can be shipped free of charge to a local Salvation Army collection center.
This year the site is also allowing groups to go in together and adopt several "Angels" at once. This makes it where your whole family, play group, church group, company, online community, etc can come together to give back this Holiday Season.
With Thanksgiving and Black Friday in just over a week, JCPenney is making it easier for customers to adopt an Angel. Here are the details:
- On Thanksgiving Day, jcpenney will donate $50 to The Salvation Army, up to $400,000, for every Angel adopted online — giving customers another reason to take advantage of Black Friday specials a day early on jcp.com.
- On Black Friday, jcpenney will donate $25 to The Salvation Army, up to $100,000, for every customer who uses Foursquare to check-in to a jcpenney store between 4 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- To encourage nationwide support and participation, jcpenney will award the community with the most Foursquare check-ins on Black Friday with a celebratory shopping party to be held on Dec. 17. The winning store will host a food truck on-site complete with complimentary snacks and beverages to help energize time-strapped customers shopping jcpenney on the last weekend before Christmas.
Join me on twitter tomorrow, November 15, from 7-8pm EST. I'll be co-hosting the #jcpangel Twitter Party and giving away JCPenney Gift Cards!
- When: Tuesday, November 15 at 7-8 pm EST
- Hashtag: #jcpangel
- Hosts: @twoofakind and @jonbonjovious
- Prizes: 12 winners will each receive a $25 JCP Gift Card
This was a sponsored post, but all opinions are my own. Thank you to the company who is sponsoring the Twitter Party.