- 1 1⁄2 to 2 cups finely crushed or ground waffle or sugar cones, about 12 cones total
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (1.5 quart) container vanilla ice cream(I used chocolate)
- 1 1⁄4 cups Ovaltine Classic Malt Mix, divided
- 2 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 1 container (8 ounces) frozen light whipped topping, thawed
- Chopped malt balls(optional)
Combine crushed cones, honey and butter in large bowl; stir until evenly coated. Pour into 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Press mixture onto bottom and up side of plate. Freeze for 30 minutes.
Remove ice cream from freezer to soften for several minutes. Place ice cream and 1 cup Ovaltine in large mixer bowl; beat until combined. Spoon into prepared crust. Place in freezer while making topping. For topping, combine milk and remaining 1⁄4 cup Ovaltine in large bowl; stir in whipped topping. Spoon over pie. Freeze for five hours or until firm.
Optional - Sprinkle with chopped malt balls. Cut into 12 wedges. Crust will be crumbly.
This pie was incredibly delicious and very easy to make. It helped keep us cool on such a hot day. Enjoy!
Ovaltine provided me with all of the items necessary to make this pie.